The following persons can perform a marriage ceremony in the state of Florida:
- All regularly ordained ministers of the gospel, elders in communion with a church, or other ordained clergy.
- A minister who has been recognized in the manner required by the regulations of the respective denomination to perform marriage ceremonies.
- All Florida judicial officers, including retired judicial officers.
- Public notaries of the State of Florida. Florida notaries can download information on their duties when performing marriages here.
- "Quakers" or "Friends," may perform marriages in the manner and form used or practiced in their societies.
- Captains of a ship, if the captain is a notary and the ship is in Florida waters, which is within three geographic miles from the coastline at the time of the ceremony.
- Clerks of the Circuit Court: Deputy clerks are authorized and available during normal working hours, Monday through Friday, to perform ceremonies at Clerk locations in Plant City and Pierce Street Tampa. Appointments are required and performed during our normal business hours with your valid marriage license. The fee for this service is $30.00.
Return the completed record of marriage to: Marriage Department, Hillsborough County Clerk of Court, PO Box 3249, Tampa FL 33601-3249