Get the latest updates about our office delivered to your inbox.

x alert



Foreclosure Sales

Important information regarding updates (effective September 22, 2023)
Pursuant to the directives provided in the Administrative Order Circuit Civil Division [external third party link], all proposed Uniform Final Judgments of Foreclosure and proposed Orders to Reschedule Judicial Sales must be electronically filed with the court through the Florida Courts E-Filing Portal.
Plaintiffs should no longer file proposed Certificates of Sale, Certificates of Title, or Certificates of Disbursement nor pre-addressed envelopes with the Clerk. The Clerk’s Office will generate these documents and serve them upon the parties and counsel in compliance with Florida Law. These changes are in support of the court system’s desire to operate in a paperless environment.

In addition to the above changes, if the plaintiff fails to pay the Clerk's judicial sale fee in accordance with sections 45.035(1) and 45.035(3), Florida Statutes, no later than 8:00 AM on the day of the scheduled sale, the Clerk will cancel the judicial sale. .

The Clerk's Office is responsible for conducting foreclosure sales in accordance with Florida Statute 45 [external third party link].

A $70 service charge shall be assessed as costs and paid when filing for an electronic sale date, pursuant to Florida Statute 45.035(3) and Administrative Order Circuit Civil Division [external third party link]. Pursuant to Administrative Order Circuit Civil Division [external third party link], the most current Uniform Final Judgment form must be used.

The $70 service charge established pursuant to Florida Statute 45.035(1) [external third party link] will continue to be assessed and paid for by the plaintiff on the day of the judicial sale. Failure to pay any judicial sale fee by 8:00 AM on the day of the sale will result in the cancellation of the scheduled sale.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I research foreclosure sales cases online?

Yes, you can research foreclosure sales cases online using our RealAuction application which provides online auction sales information.

Please note you must do your own research for each property! Anyone may bid on a property; however, they must register on this web site and place a deposit prior to the sale. The site provides information for each pending sale, including the name of the owner, legal description, and the opening bid, as well as providing several external links to additional information. The Clerk and RealAuction are not responsible for the quality or accuracy of any information provided on this or any linked site.

If you require legal advice or need additional information, you may want to consult an attorney licensed in the state of Florida or some other qualified source (such as a title company or law library). The Clerk’s office cannot advise you whether or not there are outstanding liens or encumbrances against the property in question.

What is a Notice of Sale?

Pursuant to Administrative Order Circuit Civil Division [external link], it is the plaintiff’s or plaintiff’s counsel’s responsibility to provide the completed Notice of Sale to the newspaper for legal publication. Each notice must be prepared in accordance with sale requirements in section 2 of Florida Statute 45.031. The original Notice of Sale and Proof of Publication must be filed with the Clerk's Office at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled sale date.

When and where are sales held?

Sales are held every weekday, Monday through Friday at 10:00 a.m. online at Hillsborough County Clerk of Courts Foreclosure Sales. Representatives for the plaintiff must pay for the $70.00 sale fee no later than 8:00 am on the scheduled day of sale through the online sales site. A list of the properties scheduled for sale is available online at Hillsborough County Clerk of Courts Foreclosure Sales. You are encouraged to visit the online sales site prior to bidding on a property to become familiar with the requirements.

How can I bid on a property being sold at a foreclosure sale?

Prior to the start of the sale, each participant (except Plaintiff) wishing to place a successful bid on an item must post with the Clerk a deposit of 5 percent of the anticipated high bid, for each item on which they would like to bid. Advance deposits may be made on the website via domestic wire or electronic check (ACH). ACH deposits require 5 full business days to be processed. ACH deposits and wires will not be available for bidding until such funds have cleared. All wire payments must include an additional $4 wire fee and all wire transfers must contain the bidder number or the wire transfer will be refused. Advance deposits may also be made in person by cash or cashier’s check at the Hillsborough County Clerk of Circuit Court office, located at 800 E. Twiggs Street, Room 101, Tampa, FL 33602, or at one of our satellite offices which may be more convenient to you. This includes our Plant City office at 301 North Michigan Ave, Plant City, FL 33563, or our Brandon office at 311 Pauls Drive, Brandon, FL 33511. The cashier’s check must be made payable to “Clerk of Circuit Court.” Deposits made in person must be made by 4:00 p.m. the day prior to the sale. Final payment may not be made by ACH or domestic wire. Other restrictions may apply, please check with the Hillsborough County Clerk’s office for all rules regarding deposits.

What do I have to do if I am the winning bidder?

The balance due, fees for documentary stamps taxes, and court registry fees must be paid by 12:00 p.m. the next business day through the online sales site or in person with cash or cashier's check. If the winning bidder does not pay within the prescribed period, the good faith deposit will be forfeited pursuant to Florida Statute 45.031(2). The sale will be re-advertised and sold at a later date.

The State Documentary Stamps tax rate is 70¢ per every $100 on instruments conveying an interest in real estate.

The Court Registry Fee charge is 3% of the first $500 and 1.5% on each subsequent $100.

What if I object to the sale of my property?

An objection to the sale may be filed by a party within ten (10) calendar days after the filing of the Certificate of Sale. The court will determine the validity of the objection and will direct the Clerk regarding the issuance of the Certificate of Title accordingly.

What is the Right of Redemption?

Pursuant to F.S. 45.0315 the mortgagor may redeem the property. The right of redemption ends upon the issuance of the Certificate of Sale.

What is a Certificate of Sale?

A Certificate of Sale is issued by the Clerk's Office provided all required sale proceeds are paid in full.


What is a Certificate of Title?

A Certificate of Title is issued by the Clerk's Office after ten (10) full calendar days have elapsed from the issuance of the Certificate of Sale and provided there is no other pending action relating to the subject proceeding.

What is a Certificate of Disbursement?

A Certificate of Disbursement is issued by the Clerk's Office subsequent to the Certificate of Title, if applicable.

What will cancel a judicial sale?

A sale will be cancelled by the Clerk only if the following conditions exist:

  • A Notice of Cancellation form is filed through the e-portal by the Plaintiff or their counsel no later than 8AM the day of the scheduled sale, pursuant to Administrative Order Circuit Civil Division [external 3rd party link]
  • Suggestion of Bankruptcy or copy of the date stamped bankruptcy petition has been timely filed through the e-portal
  • A written court order canceling the sale is received by the Foreclosure Clerk prior to the sale
  • Original Notice of Sale not filed with the Clerk
  • Lack of Proof of Publication of the Notice of Sale filed on the case
  • The Notice of Sale was published and contained major errors
  • Order Setting Aside Final Judgment is filed on the case
  • Failure to pay any judicial sale fee by 8:00 AM on the day of the sale

What happens if there are surplus funds?

Pursuant to F.S. 45.032 any funds remaining after the disbursements ordered by the final judgment become known as “surplus funds”. The owner of record at the time the Lis Pendens was recorded may file an “A Owner’s Claim for Mortgage Foreclosure Surplus”, if they meet the statutory requirements to claim the surplus funds.

How do I find out if there are any surplus funds available?

You can view deposits into and balances of Court Registry accounts here.

What are the fees and fines associated with this service?

See Foreclosure Fees for more information.

What are my options for obtaining customer service from the Clerk's office?

Mail:  PO Box 3360, Tampa, FL 33601-3360
Email:  Contact us
Phone:  (813) 276-8100 ext. 4789
In person:  Downtown Tampa, Plant City, or Brandon. See wait times