Get the latest updates about our office delivered to your inbox.

x alert




The Clerk's Accounting Department performs general accounting functions and maintains the financial records for the Clerk's Office. The Accounting Department prepares financial statements, produces various financial reports, remits funds to the appropriate government agencies and pays vendor invoices for purchases made by the Clerk's Office.  The Accounting Department also has a fiduciary responsibility related to funds collected and disbursed by court order or other legal authority.  One area of special interest involves the Registry of the Court.  The Registry holds funds (monies) by the authority of the Florida State Statutes or by Order of the Court, pending further action by the court.  A signed Court Order is required before funds can be deposited into or withdrawn from the Court Registry.

Frequently Asked Questions

Are personal checks accepted and how should the check be made out?

Personal checks are accepted for most payments. We do not accept personal checks for landlord/tenant rent deposits, cash bonds, tax deed sale proceeds, mortgage foreclosure sale proceeds, transfer of lien deposits, satisfaction of judgment deposits, purge for child support payments, and payment for returned checks.

Please note that the person presenting the check must be the person who signed the check; the check signer must present valid identification. Personal checks, cashier’s checks and money orders should be made payable to Clerk of the Circuit Court.



If I am entitled to money from the Clerk, when can I receive the money?

The Hillsborough County Clerk of the Circuit Court strives to make payments quickly and accurately, within the timeframe set by statute and court orders. The guidelines below are provided to help you understand when to expect payment from our office

  • Court-ordered payments, such as registry money: Approximately 10 calendar days after they received a certified copy of a court order directing the funds to be released, Accounting will mail a check to you.
  • Restitution: Approximately 14 business days from the date of cleared payment by the defendant.
  • Vendor payments for goods & services: Approximately 30 days from the receipt of goods/services.
  • Jury compensation: 20 calendar days from the date of service.
  • Overpayment: 30 calendar days from the date of payment.

I am expecting a check from the Clerk of the Circuit Court but it hasn't arrived. Where can I find out about the status of the check?

A list of uncashed checks related to Jury Duty or Witnessing and all other uncashed checks is available here. If you find your name on either list and need a check to be reissued, call 813-276-8100 extension 4728. If your name is not on a list, call 813-276-8100 extension 4728 to find out when the check will be issued.

How can I search for Clerk invoices?

You can search Clerk's Office invoices online dating back to April 2012.  These are searchable by date, amount, invoice number and vendor.  The documents were previously available only through public records requests.  The invoices cover spending for such things as professional services, commodities and utilities.  

The data base will be updated automatically when invoices are processed.  Vendors can use the data base to find out if an invoice has been received or processed.

Go here to begin searching.  

NOTE: Invoices before April 2012 are filed on paper and available through public records requests.

What are my options for obtaining customer service from the Clerk's office?

Mail: P.O. Box 1110 Tampa, FL 33601-1110           
Email:  Contact us           
Phone:  (813) 276-8100, Ext. 4728 
In person:  Downtown Tampa