A new marriage license can be issued to a minor age 17 years in the State of Florida under the following circumstances:
- Minor must be 17 years of age and the other party to the marriage is no more than 2 years older than the minor.
- A certified copy or original birth certificate is required for the minor.
- A notarized statement of consent from *both parents listed on the minor's birth certificate, along with a copy of both parents' government-issued photo identification (state driver's license, state identification card, passport, military identification is required).
- A notarized affidavit from the minor and from the future spouse.
- *If a parent of the minor is deceased, an original copy of the parent's death certificate is required.
- *If a parent of the minor has sole custody, a certified copy of the custody order is required.
NOTE: Documents submitted in any language other than English are required to have a notarized English translation.