Don't spend another Life Day alone. Register for our May 4th Star Wars Wedding Ceremony

x alert



Divorce and Annulment

Family Law court handles divorces (Dissolution of Marriage) and annulments. The most frequently asked questions about divorce and annulment are answered below:

Divorce and Annulment FAQs


How do I file for divorce?

Dissolution of Marriage is the legal term for divorce. Forms and detailed filing instructions may be viewed and downloaded here.

After you complete your forms and are ready to file them, you can go in person to any Clerk location or you can file them through the Florida Courts E-Filing Portal [external 3rd party link].

How do I get an annulment?

f you are seeking information related to an annulment, you should contact an attorney as no self-help form is available.

How do I get legal help or file for a divorce by myself if I cannot afford an attorney?

You can get information on filing for a divorce without an attorney and information about free legal assistance for certain cases for qualified low income residents here.

How do I find out if I have a court date coming up?

You can follow your case online from our website.

How do I get a copy of my divorce records?

You can view or obtain copies of divorce records from Hillsborough County in several ways.  


You can search our HOVER Case Search portal online. If you need a certified copy of the actual divorce documents, you may request those through our HOVER Case Search portal, by mail, phone or in person. There is a charge of $2 for each year searched; $1 per page for copies of the document being requested; and $2 for certifying the document.


By Mail:  

You can pay for your divorce records request by mail with a check or money order. When mailing in a request, include the name(s) and years to be searched.  Call our office first to find out what the fees will be before paying by mail; our number is (813) 276-8100.


By Phone:

You can pay for your divorce records request by phone with a credit card. Our number is (813) 276-8100.


In Person:

You can pay for your divorce records request in person with a check, money order, cash or credit card at these office locations.

Non-Hillsborough County Divorce Records: If the divorce records you seek were not filed in Hillsborough County, but elsewhere in the State of Florida, the State Office of Vital Statistics also has divorce records from 1927 forward for the entire state, and can be reached at (904) 359-6900 or online.