This is the last week to register for the 2019 Veterans Outreach Court [MORE INFO]

x alert



Veterans Outreach Court

2019 Vets Court

Local government agencies and veterans groups will join together again this year for Veterans Outreach Court, an annual event designed to help homeless and low-Income military veterans resolve legal problems.

The free event will be held from 9AM to 3PM on Friday, November 8, 2019 at the James A Haley Veteran’s Hospital Primary Care Annex, 13515 Lake Terrace Lane in Tampa. Pre-registration is required. About 60 veterans were assisted during last year’s event, and organizers hope to reach even more this year.

Participating agencies include the 13th Judicial Circuit, the Hillsborough County Clerk of Court and Comptroller, the Hillsborough County State Attorney’s Office, the Hillsborough County Public Defender’s Office, along with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Hillsborough County Veterans Services and various local Veterans organizations.

Hillsborough County Judge Daryl Manning, a veteran of the U.S. Army himself, knows firsthand the sacrifice and service our veterans have offered our country. That’s why he is so passionate about this type of outreach. “Veterans Outreach Court is not a hand out, but a helping hand up. It’s a way we can help these men and women veterans get back on the feet by quickly resolving some of their legal issues. They certainly have earned this kind of support.”

Participants must register in advance between August 19, 2019 and October 20, 2019 using the online form. Participation will be determined by income. Driving and court records will be reviewed in advance. Qualified participants will receive a notice in the mail of their scheduled time. The Notice of Hearing will be mailed by October 25, 2019. You may also view your case online. Anyone ineligible will be contacted by phone. 

Cases excluded from this event include domestic violence, child support, felonies with active warrants, active probation cases, and those pending in Veterans Court. A consultation with a private attorney in those cases is recommended.